I know I'm posting this at an ungodly early hour, but I'm going to the zoo today with my parents (I feel 5 again, but in a good way) so I'm up early.
I consider myself a decently savvy shopper, however sometimes the temptation to spend money gets me, and gets me hard. Luckily for me I just had my grad party on the 12th, so I didn't wind up spending much of my own money. Part of me thinks thats the only reason I spent so much, whereas the other part of me wonders if I would have bought it all regardless.
It started on Friday, when I walked into a Borders for the first time in a long time with a $35 gift card (well a $25 gift card and a $10 one) and walked out with the DC Enclycopedia. I was originally intending to buy the Marvel one, but then I realized I am far more familiar with Marvel characters, so I picked up the DC one for now. I'll get the Marvel one eventually.
Saturday was the real kicked. My local comic book store had an invitation-only sale. Everything in the store was 20% off, supplies and back issues were 30% off. My inner woman came out at the word "sale" and I spent $130 when all was said and done. Granted $120 of that was in gift cards, but still. I picked up:
- Darkwing Duck 1
- Dark Wolverine 87
- New Avengers (Vol. 2) 1
- Avengers Academy 1
- Batman 700
- Age of Heroes 2
- Return of Bruce Wayne 2
- Deadpool 24
Then I moved on to the trades section, and picked up:
- Formerly Known as the Justice League
- Justice League International 1-3
- Blue Beetle - Shellshocked (aka Volume 1)
I also picked up bags because I ran out and box dividers.
I actually went to the sale immediately before a 3 hour road trip to a friends house in PA, mainly because I didn't want to miss this sale.
And if that isn't reason enough to show that I shouldn't be spending money... Barnes and Noble was having a clearance on graphic novels
the 22nd (it's still going on now, but a lot of the marvel titles are gone by now). One of the comic book writers (Dan Slott, I think) mentioned it on twitter, and well... $34 later I'm waiting on the following titles:
- Captain America: The Death of Captain America, Volume 3: The Man Who Bought America
- Mighty Avengers, Volume 1: The Ultron Initiative
- Mighty Avengers, Volume 2: Venom Bomb
- The New Avengers, Volume 7: The Trust
- New Avengers, Volume 5: Civil War
- New Avengers, Volume 8: Secret Invasion, Book 1
- New Avengers, Volume 9: Secret Invasion, Book 2
- New Avengers: Illuminati
- Ultimates 2, Volume 1: Gods and Monsters
- The Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game: Guide to the Hulk and the Avengers
I tried to pick up Ultimates 1, Volume 1, but it sold out like immediately before I hit send.
So yeah, not spending a lot of money in a while.